So dang good and so easy! It's a crowd pleaser! ...especially when your crowd averages the age of 1 1/2 years old.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Servings: 6 mins
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper or to taste
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 8 ounce mafalda pasta uncooked
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded (I have also used Fulper Farms Cheddar-YUM!)
- 2 tablespoon parsley fresh, chopped for garnish
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef over medium heat until only slightly browned.
- Add the chopped onion and minced garlic to the skillet and stir. Season with salt and pepper, Italian seasoning and cook until the onion gets soft and translucent, about 3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, pasta, chicken broth, and stir everything together. Bring to a boil and then turn the heat down. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through, most of the sauce should be absorbed as well.
- Stir in the cheese and cook for another 30 seconds to a minute until the cheese melts.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
- Any pasta such as farfalle, penne, shells, elbow, etc can be used! We prefer elbow. Smaller pieces that are easy to cut up for little ones.